MACNA 2012

C Lo Slice

So from the research I've done, I hear they don't "officially" announce the next year's MACNA until the current year's convention, which means it isn't official yet. But I've seen plenty of rumors saying 2012 will be in Dallas. Has anyone been before? Does anyone plan on going if it is indeed in Dallas next year? Any estimate on ticket prices? This would be ideal for me since my wife is from Dallas and all my in-laws live there. I've just been curious if it were worth it. Everyone seems to enjoy it.

Thoughts?

I have been twice. To Houston and then Atlanta. The Houston one was outstanding! Atlanta would have been a big let down if not for the Aquarium. If it is in Dallas I would definitely go. I don't know what ticket prices are these days, but it is usually significantly cheaper if you buy them when they are first released.

If you are active in the hobby, it is 100% worth the ticket price and then some. Consider the saving for not having to fly. Plus you can actually buy awesome livestock for killer prices and not have to worry about shipping it back.

I highly recommend entering the raffles. I won big in Georgia!

My first MACNA conference was in Dallas. I must admit that I felt like a groupie following a rock band. At that time, I had just read Anthony Calfo's book on Coral Propagation in a Greenhouse and we were talking about my application in the Deep South prior to the convention. The second day of the conference, I had breakfast with Anthony Calfo and Julian Sprung, With these icons in the hobby it felt more like sitting around and having a jam session. I have enjoyed both MACNA conferences that I have been to. If I remember correctly, the ticket bought prepaid was $50 and included everything.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...