MOVING TO AUSTIN!!!!

khan_man

Hey everyone i just wanted to share that i will be moving to austin around the end of next month. I will be moving from houston. I just wanted to get to know as many people as i can get to know in this hobby. Hoping to get to know all of you guys. As far as my tanks go. I have a 14g biocube with 30+lbs of LR. Its got a YMG and Pistol combo. Also got a pair of maroon and gold clowns with their RBTA. Its retrofitted with AURALED leds. I also have a Fluval edge set up as a SW system. Its got a pair of OCC clown fish a hermit and 2 pepermint shrimps. Also has a few corals its light with a Stunner strip. Sadly i will not be able to bring either of those set ups. The biocube is at my GF room on her night stand. The edge will be donated to my baby sister who the OCC fish belong too. SOO i will be bringing the NEO NANO that i just bought in Austin and drove it to houston. Now i have to bring it back. LOL. But it will not be till later this year as i am going to be living with a friend of mine till i get settled in and find an apartment. Can anyone help with finding a cheap place? Well Thanks for reading all that. hope to get to know you all.

cheers

Thanx I'll look into it. I am trying to get as close as I can get to Barton springs rd. Willing be managing the yum yum frozen yogurt spot! So you guys can come on in and support it would be much appreciated. I am super excited to make my way to the Capitol!!

I agree with the statement that Austin is not cheap by anymeans. But for the first year I have to find a place that's close and affordable. After a years worth of hard work I will find something nice. My gf will still be in Houston cuz of school for another 2 years so I have time. I can manage at a cheap place for a bit till I am ready!! Looking forward to meeting you fellow reefers. As well as getting to see the car seen. I have an srt4 with a bit of work done. It's not an Evo. But it's fun.

There are cheap places(relatively) here and there, but I doubt you'll find anything close to BSR that you would define as cheap. You might get lucky though.

I'd start looking now.

Edit:

Just ran a quick search on apartmentguide.com, cheapest place was ~$500 and is in a less than desirable location. But it was close, ~3 miles away. The cost went up from there.

The neighbor hood directly behind where you'll be working is one of the higher priced and desirable in the city.