WANNA BE REEFER

renee

Hi everyone. My name is Renee, and I live in Kingsland Tx. To make a long story short, a friend gave me a 30g about 2 months ago with a blue devil damsel and a picasso trigger. Well my dream has always been a reef tank. So I gave the Triggerfish to a friend and now am on my way to reefing. I currently have the blue devil, a clown, two yellow tailed damsel, 2 striped damsels, a brittle starfish, a chocolate chip star fish, and an anenome, along with a small cleanup crew. Am wanting to add more color. Have live rock and sand. I LOVE my new hobby. So much so that I am buying a 75g from a fellow reefer.

If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or advice it will be greatly appriciated.

Welcome to the ARC!

As for your plethora of critters, if your going to run a reef then you will most likely have to give the Choco star away. From what Ive heard they can be coral munchers. Also, with that many damsels, there may be some fighting going on in there as well. What kind of nem do you have?

We're new to reefs too, and took back our choco chip star. I never saw him actually eat one of my corals, but I did see him next to one with an arm up towards it. After talking to several people, we took him back to be on the safe side. My 3yo daughter was very sad to lose "cookie", but we're planning on replacing him with a reef safe "pink" if we can find it starfish. We also have damsels, clowns and an angel, and everyone seems to have sorted out their places and get along.