Site Update

TeamAquaSD

No more animated avatars? Status update is at top (near name/profile options) Deffo take some getting used to. Cant log into mobile form EVO, the boxes for nick/password never show up. Had to go to an email and click on link to get to the login screen.

Edited by DerrickH

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having trouble with the mobile version on iphone. Is it something I have to turn on or should it be automatic?

It should be automatic, but if your cookies have set you to view the full version you'll need to clear your cookie cache. Problem is that logs you out of everything that's cookied prior. sad.png I wish you could chose which cookies to clear out.

In iOS 5 you can clear specific cookies. I've seen a lot of complaints on IPB about the mobile version being wonky in switching back and forth, so I'm betting they release a fix for this soon.

No more animated avatars? Status update is at top (near name/profile options) Deffo take some getting used to. Cant log into mobile form EVO, the boxes for nick/password never show up. Had to go to an email and click on link to get to the login screen.

On the mobile template, click on the bock with four squares in the top right, then click on sign in. It will take you to a new screen for log in. I will try and test on a friends EVO if I can.

Well Ive cleared history, cookies, cache, location access and have mobile page view enabled in my browser but I still get the desktop site if I come here on my evo. Talk about loading slow. Page finally opened and I was checking the mail for my SS check....

Ok after a little research....If you have an android phone and are having problems getting to the mobile site try this:

1) Open browser and in the address bar type this "about:debug" but without the "" of course

2) Now select your menu button, then settings and BANG! now you have a lot more settings to work with

3) Select Settings, then scroll down to "UAString" without the "" of course..

4) Set to iphone

5) Refresh the ARC page and should take you to the mobile site thats functional

I guess the new site doesnt like the droid browser method, but it likes the iphone method

Also noted:

When viewing the desktop site on an android device, the "login" button does not work. The blue box pops up for a second but then disappears.

I agree. I like the new layout it just takes some time getting acquainted with where things are now.

On the issue I had I cleared the cache and cookies on iPhone and I am back to mobile site in case anyone else has the same issues.

Ok after a little research....If you have an android phone and are having problems getting to the mobile site try this:

1) Open browser and in the address bar type this "about:debug" but without the "" of course

2) Now select your menu button, then settings and BANG! now you have a lot more settings to work with

3) Select Settings, then scroll down to "UAString" without the "" of course..

4) Set to iphone

5) Refresh the ARC page and should take you to the mobile site thats functional

I guess the new site doesnt like the droid browser method, but it likes the iphone method

Also noted:

When viewing the desktop site on an android device, the "login" button does not work. The blue box pops up for a second but then disappears.

I followed these directions and finally see the mobile version, and was able to login again after deleting my cookies. Thank you for posting this!

so i went by the ATT store and they said its because the site is set up for IPHONE users, therefore you have to change a setting in your phone to pretend that its a IPHONE and then you can view it like they do. I dont know what setting, but it works fine for me now since the rep changed it.

Its not that the site is catering to only iPhones, it's just the droids user agent is ambiguous and therefore extremely hard to serve. Im sure the developers will have a fix up their sleeve soon. In the mean time you can try the work around mentioned.