RBTA

FarmerTy

Hey fellow reefers,

As much as we all enjoy the sweet finds when coral shopping, I happen to run across a RBTA in Evansville, IN for an irresistible price . Pretty good sized one 3-5" expanded and bubbled up like crazy. Just wanted to share. Now to figure out how to best pack it in my luggage so nothing bad happens to my new reef inhabitant. If you've taken coral on a plane before (checked luggage) and have some advice, please feel free to add. Wish me luck!

-Ty

I figured for sure triple bagging and hopefully finding a small rigid cooler at walmart. I wouldn't even know where to look for a small styrofoam container. It's gotta be small enough to fit in a regular suitcase (the smaller size).

Thanks for the advice! I didn't see the message in time or else I might have tried it. Currently, I have a happy little RBTA in my tank. I had the fish store triple bag it and then I stuffed it in a $5 walmart lunch cooler and tossed it in my luggage.

Can't say it'll always work but it worked for me. I'll say the little bugger looked pretty pissed when I got him home but he survived just fine.

Now to see if I can get my two little ocellaris clowns to host it.

-Ty