28g Jbj Nano HQI

MasonHoff

Cool that your fire fish are already out and about. Sometimes they can be real shy.

And I really love the pistol/goby pair. Have been be of my favorite match ups. Once I get rid of the devil damsel fish, I am getting another pair.

yeah as soon as the light goes from the actinics to the 4 moonlight LEDs for the last hour of the day. they disappear like lightning into a hole in my LR .(my red one has done this like clock work since day one.) and only come back when the actinics come back on they reappear like lightning. fun to watch!^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so just got home! lights were off so i turned actinics and leds for aclimation. at first my power head was off. but after i fed them three diffrent options! thanks loriane for the live brine shimp and the oto. during this video my power head was on to stir the food away from the surface, so not to enter my overflow! of and pic of overflow protection pic you asked for

well i send pic tomorrow i didnt get email from wifes phone for some reason.

OH YEAH AND I ADDED a one eye of bubble gum monster chalice! ill post pics soon!

and had a alomost huge opps! a return line popped of my return head and was shooting water up in the sky! im glad i was just in the other room there to recover in just 30 seconds! imagine if i wasnt home! lets just say i made sure that would never happen again! lost on about a quart of water! got really lucky!neutral.png

Yeah, those are scary. I did a good cleaning on my tank, and accidentally plugged up my HOB fuge... I was still in the room when I see water creeping out from under the stand. Thankfully we have stained concrete floors :)

it defianatly rattled my bones. cause i plan for and against faliure, cause thats the typpe of person i am! the old CYA thing! (cover your ***)

but good news the new addition achilles decided not to be so shy, and act like a big fish now. achilles has decided to pair back up with my other clown (nemo) in the frogspawn again. but definatly crusies the whole tank! I think it makes him feel more comfortable being with his own kind!

I've caught your Helfrichi firefish in several pics/videos and he's beautiful! I'm wondering if you think these fish are worth their price tag. I want to get a pair of firefish for my 12 gallon nano (they would be the only fish) and the Helfrichi is so tempting. Are they worth the extra money?

thats up to you teresa and your reefing habit! your more than welcome to come by my house and stare and mine, while you decide. I like to have things that are high end or LE! but even before i saw the price i thought it was one of the coolest looking nano fish around! i have a one of the common fire fish im prolly gonna sell if i can catch him! but with my actinics and LED stunner strip i dont even need TV i could watch him all day!

post-1870-0-77221900-1313365808_thumb.jpmontys skittles stylophora from stonerollerpost-1870-0-79959100-1313365828_thumb.jpsome sort of green monti from sherita post-1870-0-11932300-1313365834_thumb.jpmy bubble gum monster frag i juust got

Nice corals!!! That bubble gum chalice is awesome, so is the monty skittles stylophora. Nice additions, really love the new clownfish though!!!

thanks man i just keep my calcium and alkalinity up by dosing b-ionic 2part every day! helps keep my ph up in perfect balance too.

B Ionic huh? I was thinking about trying that or the BRS 2 part.... Looks like you are getting some good coral growth as well... Thanks for the suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...