Hya All ^_^V

Sushi

Hi I'm Steve Chapman's Asst. over at Horizon Aquatics (formerly Horizon Pets), and I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you who don't already know me ^_~ ... I'm the tall girl behind the counter. I've been into this hobby (well, freshwater really) for a few years now, and was lucky enough to land a job here at Horizon! Steve isn't a big fan of computers (he prefers face-to-face so come down and see him when ever you get the chance), so he asked me to check in from time to time. I'm going to do my best to keep our little corner of the ARC forums up to date! :lol: Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with (If I don't have the answer, I'll ask Steve for you ^_^V )

-Kat

lol thanks everyone ^_^ It feels good to be so welcomed! ^_^ I'm not sure yet when the shipment will come in, we have to see how much tank room opens up this weekend, then we'll order accordingly. I'll post a concert date in the Store's section when we know more.

yes, Happy Caturday eve ^_~

-Kat

Edited by Sushi

Hya CaptainBob... its nice to finally meet someone from one of the other Austin stores... what sort of stuff do you keep in your personal tank?

Edited by Sushi

I'm gonna stick to my guns and say Horizon is best :gun: what sort of stuff do you keep in your personal tank?

well if it's war you want our staff outnumbers yours five to one... :P

also j/k ^_^

Aquatek is full of teh awesome too, you should come by sometime, I really haven't seen any of the stores in SA since I've only been living here a few months and haven't made it down that way yet... but I think I'm going to check out the sale at your store today, this sucks because I'm going to be looking for a big honeycomb moray in a few months once my 100G is ready, I think I'm going to at least take a look at one of my favorite species out of sheer massochism.

That being said, I'm a predator fan, my obsession with Scorpaeniforms is borderline unhealthy, right now I have 2 lions, the Limba Straits fuzzy dwarf in my avatar and an angry fu manchu I've started calling Pei Mei. And I'm an admitted palythoa addict, though I've been getting into tubasrea pretty hardcore lately. I also love my mantis shrimp, he's a G. chiraga named chi-chi the destroyenator I have a few pictures of some of my critters in the gallery on here :)

also, thanks for reminding me to advertise in my sig... ^_^

Edited by CaptainBob

well if it's war you want our staff outnumbers yours five to one... tongue.gif

lol I bet I could take ya! ^_^ after all I've got the advantage of being a girl ^_~

I really haven't seen any of the stores in SA

If you get the chance I'd recommend Fintique (I swear its like the fish mecca of SA), and a little place in New Braunfels called Darby's (They have a pet catfish there thats 22 years old... or there abouts). Most of the others didn't impress me.

I'm going to be looking for a big honeycomb moray in a few months once my 100G is ready

Thats Steve's favorite eel, so we almost always have one around... This guy is something to behold too. He's about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long and VERY active...

I think I'm going to at least take a look at one of my favorite species out of sheer massochism.

I think its a toss up between a Japanese Dragon Eel and the Honeycomb... those have got to be my favorites in the eel family.

I'm a predator fan, my obsession with Scorpaeniforms is borderline unhealthy

Me too! Lion fish are what got me into the idea of a salt tank, and I'd love to find a way to sneak a fu man chu into my set up, but it really wouldn't work out well with what I have in there right now. I went the cutesy route with a hint of shock factor. I've got a full reef tank that is home to a pair of false perks, a baby fox face (he's only 2 inches long right now), a green mandrin (my overall favorite right now), and a pair of pearly sailfin mollies. Thats right. Mollies. Oh! btw you should check out the fuzzy leaf fish we've got in at the moment, he's really neat and needs a good home. Ask Steve about him when you go (I'd show you myself, but I'm off this weekend).

I've been getting into tubasrea pretty hardcore lately.

...oh and look for the sunflower coral we've go in the acro tank... its really sweet :gun: ... personally I'm into the Caulastreas (candy canes are awesome!) and zoanthids.... hmmm... maybe its the "deadly beauty" zoanthids = fem fatale ...nah, to cheesy even for me ^_~

also, thanks for reminding me to advertise in my sig... ^_^

Gotta represent! ^_~

-Kat