Refractometer question

Bry

I'm looking to get the non-digital, typical ones you hold up to the light to see through. Just searching for salinity refractometers I see them from $35 to well over $100. I think I've seen them even much higher.

Question is... what's the difference? Leather pouch vs no pouch? I hope it's not accuracy. Most of the reviews on all of them I've seen have been happy at each price point. There are a few people were unhappy but it seemed like they got a bad one. So is there a reason to buy the $144 version over the $45 version?

Gracias from Cedar Park,

Bryan

I bought the cheap jbj, $60. The only problem that I have is that the stainless steel pin that holds the lense to the refractometer has gotten rusty. This is a problem because its hard to close it still get all of the air bubbles out.

Check out the one from BRS, $39.99.

Bulk Reef supply Refractometer

This is the one that I bought and I have been happy with it.

Yes I was looking at that one as well. That is what got my curiousity about $25 vs $40 vs $140. The rusting parts may be part of the price difference.

I have only had mine for a couple of months, but it has not rusted yet.... It has gotten really good reviews on their website.

I have only had mine for a couple of months, but it has not rusted yet.... It has gotten really good reviews on their website.

Sorry, I meant the rust mentioned on Hydor's note. I have read good reviews and even a video review on the BFS refractor. May be starting a group order there soon.

Archived