New to keeping fish :)

Mindflux

Good evening folks. I just started up a 29G freshwater tank for my family to enjoy and the "fish guy" (I forget your name, sorry!) at the R.R Petco told me about this forum and said even though I'm dealing with freshwater there are a lot of great folks here.

So here I am!

Growing up, my dad had over 40 fish tanks ranging from a couple hundred gallons down to 20 gallons for breeding. I never quite saw the allure of it until recently, though I certainly do not plan in getting close to as 'wild' as he went with it.

Hoping to learn a bunch here.

Thanks for having me.

Edited by Mindflux

OK Rob may be the weird zombie guy or not. Many of us do freshwater and reef, let us know what you are intersted in and someone will have something to talk to you about.

(of course I've just switched from bourbon to irish whiskey)

(multiple reef tanks plus one south america cichlid tank)

OK Rob may be the weird zombie guy or not. Many of us do freshwater and reef, let us know what you are intersted in and someone will have something to talk to you about.

(of course I've just switched from bourbon to irish whiskey)

(multiple reef tanks plus one south america cichlid tank)

Thanks! :) Right now I'm just interested in keeping my Mollies and Danios alive through the cycle. The tank clouded up a little bit the day after I added the fish, so I guess we're on the way. I rinsed my gravel well enough that I do not believe it to be particulate from that causing the cloudiness.

My daughter (22 months) sure loves watching those little fish swim. (which was the whole goal here)