Here's a stupid question

Elizzy

Thank you!!!!

After trying in vain with some type of tool, I decided to ask a man. He got it open, in the exact way you described and I didn't even have to tell him!

Amazed :hmm: ,

-Elizzy

p.s. there was a free t-shirt in that bucket too - it's like Cracker Jacks, but for Reefnuts!

I have a bucket of reef crystals with a screw on lid. It doesn't keep the humidity out nearly as well as the snap top lids though.

Speaking of which, what are the best ways to keep out the humidity?

I've never been able to keep a bucket of salt that didn't harden after the first few uses.

We (and by we I mean my boyfriend who came up with this) have a trick. We measure out the correct amount of salt for 5 gals of water into Ziploc bags, 4 or 5 at a time, and store them under the sink in the bathroom we use for reef upkeep. When it comes time to make new saltwater, just dump the contents of one bag into your water, mix etc., and voila! We save the Ziploc bags too, and just refill them all when we use the last one. This keeps us from going into the salt bucket too often (thus reducing exposure to humidity) and makes mixing new water much faster and less messy (and it always mixes to the exact right salinity).

If you're mixing larger batches of saltwater you could still premeasure your salt, you would just need larger Ziploc bags.

• Like 2