Par Meters

mcallahan

Apogee and Li-Cor are the only two I know of. Here's a link to Dana Riddles review:

http://www.advanceda...m/2005/7/review

If you're interested I'd be willing to go in on getting an Apogee.

I can highly recommend Apogee. I spoke with Danna Riddle, at a MACNA Conference and went with his recommendation. My model is no longer made and the newer models ae a little more expensive. Quality is not expensive, it is priceless. I have had my unit for ten years. I especially like the ability to measure natural sunlight or artificiale light. I use it extensively.

Quality is not expensive, it is priceless.

I"m swiping that line! Awesome!

Mc,

The first time I heard the quote was 10 years ago. My brother does customized cement curbing. It was on his business webpage. I have always liked it. When I googled it today, there were more than 4 million hits. Other people agree with you and I.

Keep the peace, spread the Faith.

Patrick

Quality is not expensive, it is priceless.

I"m swiping that line! Awesome!

My father in law uses a similar quote:

"quality it remembered long after the price is forgotten"

Both quotes apply well to this hobby.....

Would the ARC leadership consider buying a meter and renting it out to members to use? It would clear up a lot of questions about light and intensity of lighting. Personnally, I think to much is made of light intensity and not enough on feeding corals to grow.

Would the ARC leadership consider buying a meter and renting it out to members to use? It would clear up a lot of questions about light and intensity of lighting. Personnally, I think to much is made of light intensity and not enough on feeding corals to grow.

There was a discussion about it at one time but it never actually got going.

+1, DFWMAS does this as well. I'd love to test the PAR of my PC-R bulbs vs. T5 and regular PC.