Reefer Moving from Jacksonville, Fl to Austin, TX

Crazy J

Hello all at the ARC. I will be moving out to Austin at the end of this Month from Jacksonvile, Florida. I am very excited and happy to see there is a thriving Reef Club there. I have had a lot of fun and traded many corals here and can't wait to have some fun there.

I will be moving my entire tank there and I expect some losses. It will be interesting to see what I can do to ensure everything makes and will post about the move later if anyone is interested.

I moved here last year from Sarasota, FL and drove my livestock here in one day... it's tough but possible. Jax is a few hours closer than Sarasota too.

I individually bagged everyone (triple-bagged with 4-mil bags). I couldn't get pure Oxygen so I rented a dive tank of Nitrox ( 42% Oxygen). If you aren't certified for Nitrox you won't be able to get it tho....

After filling the bags with 1/3 water and 2/3 nitrox, I placed them all in coolers. Live rock went into buckets with some water and wet paper towels. My bro and I drove everything here at once (18.5 hour drive).

I had everything set up here waiting so the transition went very smoothly. I lost a bubble coral, but that was because of stupid I-10 in west Louisiana.... I don't know what they're doing there but it's like a roller-coaster. The bubble got sloshed around and didn't make it.... but everyone else did.

Anyways, good luck. Just take it easy and relax, moving a tank this far isn't as hard as it seems. Just keep your head straight and prepare!

-Joe