Marineland Heaters (Finally) Recalled

Thos

Check out the ebay auctions of Austin Aqua Farms. I've acquired quite the collection of Acans thanks to my addiction to their auctions :-) Wish I could go heaterless, but I have a 29 gallon tank. I have fluctuations even with a heater.. Excuse to upgrade???? Maybe so :-)

Im going to be running my chiller has heater built in. On the good note ill upgrade my tank with some of the money i get. bad note i miss my acans.

I had a marineland heater blow up in my ato that I was about to use in a water change. Offroadodoge they actually explode, the water was black and smelled like an electrical fire, the plastic heater casing was bulged out in every direction and the top blew off. This was almost a year ago, I got a replacement but only use it every once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

How has everything gone with the claims? I work at a Petco and we had to do a large recall (including the store use heaters we have). I've also heard from a few people about them busting on them but haven't heard anything about claims. Are they going to pay for your losses or just for what you paid on the heater??

• 4 weeks later...

Merging this thread with the one containing the actual recall.

Sorry Mark, didn't mean to remove posting credit for the recall information. Just felt it better to have all of the conversation in one thread.

Merging this thread with the one containing the actual recall.

Sorry Mark, didn't mean to remove posting credit for the recall information. Just felt it better to have all of the conversation in one thread.

I don't need the posting credit, I just want to get the word out.

What happened a couple of months ago was NOT a recall. It was merely a "stop sell" order meaning retailers were told to take them off their shelves. The recall goes farther and makes an attempt to let people know there is a problem - and to fix it.

I don't need the posting credit, I just want to get the word out.

What happened a couple of months ago was NOT a recall. It was merely a "stop sell" order meaning retailers were told to take them off their shelves. The recall goes farther and makes an attempt to let people know there is a problem - and to fix it.

Right, thus the reason I used your title :)