Bowfront Canopy

boognish

Thanks Robb - those links will help me. They show how it could rest on the tank.

i made a bowfront canopy for a couple of my tanks using bendable plywood. but if you wanted to match your stand with angles instead of a perfectly round front, then i would not recommend it. what kind of look are you going for?

I am definitely want to match the stand with the 3 front faces. The outside/shell of the canopy isn't so much an issue as is the functionality and features. They will probably be fake doors to match it and have the front area open up with hinges where it reaches the straight edges. I saved the curved template/guide I used for the trim on the stand in case I needed it to match the curve when building the canopy.

Mostly what I am looking for examples of is a way to make the tank accessible as well as making the lights easy to raise/lower and replace. I plan to have 3 400W MH in these, as well as some t-5 and an vho in the curved part of canopy. Heat will be an issue... was thinking I could run exhaust fans in dryer tubes to the garage behind.

I think I'm just going to have to dive into it and wing it as I go... "no matter how many times I cut this piece, it still isn't long enough!"