Transporting water?

Entropy

Anyone got a easy method to transport about 90 gallons of salt water? I would really love to get water into my tank this weekend but I don't have a RO/DI yet and I don't have any containers bigger than 5g.

Making a couple of round trips to the LFS (by yourself) or drag a friend & their car/truck with you if you want to make it a 1 trip deal. I guess it also depends on how many buckets you might have around too.

If you have a BIG drum to carry the water. You could back a truck into River City and they would fill it up for you. Make sure you have a way to get the water back out of the drum because lifting it out of the truck will be impossible without a crane. LOL I would be willing to let you borrow some water buckets, but I live in south Austin.

I only have two 5g buckets and don't feel like making 9-10 trips to Cedar Park for water. ^_^ I guess I will just be patient and get the RO/DI unit setup. Maybe I will give River City a call and see if they will loan me some containers.

I use two 40 gallon trash cans I bought @ Lowes or Home Depot. The round Plastic Kind with the lid, I use the same setup for water changes. I use a strong pump (mag 700 gph. ) with my hose to transfer the water from back of van to aquarium. Two Concrete blocks on top of the lids help to keep spills down & don't fill the trash Cans more than 2/3 full. Drive slowly from RCA to the house & no sudden stops or turns!

It works well for me & hope this helps. =-)