75g reef

cMidd

Yeah, actually after getting my horses I came home to the delight of a bridge my brother has created haha. I will post a pic, looks great and surprisingly didn't disturb-the tang did swim throughs about 10 seconds after his hand came out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok...

so please give me your opinion on this...haha

i took the clam out....added 6 SPS frags....

and added a NIGER TRIGGER!(really want a pink tailed too)

i know...i am probably crazy. but i couldn't not add one..i knew this would happen...

I put him in, and my Sailfin Tang immediately tried to kill him (like he always does with fish around his size...) and the tang got put in his place. Finally. Now i have to worry about my Trigger eating everything :((including and especially my cleaner shrimp, but i couldn't get him out.)

but...he is pretty, right? (sorry for the bad pic, i just topped my tank off, my fish stirred the sand, and the trigger wont sit still.)

IMG_0847-1.jpg

i know - was kidding.

but yea...i thought really hard about getting the pink fin....but after talking for awhile with Cory and Francis and asking Jake, i decided with the Niger....not because of their "reef" safe ness, but sheer agression... i have lights off except for panoramic actinics, and the sailfin is still "chasin" him, and the trigger is just trying to find a cave.

but as far as inverts go...im not so worried about them. my only real concern is the corals....

Maybe i'll just put him in the seahorse tank? (kidding)

i know - was kidding.

but yea...i thought really hard about getting the pink fin....but after talking for awhile with Cory and Francis and asking Jake, i decided with the Niger....not because of their "reef" safe ness, but sheer agression... i have lights off except for panoramic actinics, and the sailfin is still "chasin" him, and the trigger is just trying to find a cave.

but as far as inverts go...im not so worried about them. my only real concern is the corals....

Maybe i'll just put him in the seahorse tank? (kidding)

I personally haven't heard of them messing with corals, just shrimp, crabs, snails, and of course other fish. If you're not seeing immediate aggression, I wouldn't be too concerned but definitely keep an eye out!

No aggression, aside from the normal territorial layout aggresion.

did you get my PM?

Sounds good! Is he eating well? I hear they are pigs. crab.gif

And yes, I did. About to respond... I read it on my phone earlier today then forgot about it. faceless.png

I fed them at the shop before i bought....and when we got home i fed some PE mysis(just switched from Hikari to PE...and i LOVE it) and he literally gobbled down the mysis. im pumped, i finally get an excuse to buy halfshell clams now too lol.

the trigger is already the best persionality, and its been 2 hours.