Created a home made tripod and took some pics.

Awesome looking tank!

I got a cheap tripod off of eBay that works pretty well. Though it is a bit light, so I have to be careful with it when my 70-300mm zoom lens is on the camera.

Edited by seahorsejl

Our digital camera is a canon power shot sd 630. I don't know if I should by a better tripod for the future investment on another camera. Are tripods interchangable with other camera or they have to be used on specific camera?

-Joseph

They are interchangeable. If you buy a super light one you might have the problem with it holding up really heavy lenses later down the road. For your size camera any tripod will work. BTW I heard that particular camera takes great macros. I was actually considering buying it. How do you like it?

I wouldn't bother with a big fancy tripod unless you plan to get into some major lenses. I have a couple rather large lenses I use with my D100 and I have no trouble with a light weight tripod. Just make sure you put one of the legs directly under the lens.

The new powershot canon SD 780 is what I'm looking at buying in july. I love it more now but need to buy a " Real tripod". Hey Winja aka noodle, remember I have 5 tank running at the house, lol, two 55 gallon, one 29 gallon and one 75 gallon, I always have room, lol. Thanks for the compliments everyone. I just trying to get rid of some more corals to thin out the tank.

-Joseph Le