Upgrading to a larger tank

FarmerTy

Hey collective brain at ARC,

I was in the process of transferring from my 60 gallon to a 125 gallon tank. I used new sand and have about 60lbs of rock already in it for the past 2 months, cycling. I have an additional 60lbs of live rock from my current tank I want to move over. I have vermatiid worms and a small 'bout of bubble algae that I don't want transferred but I do want the beneficial bacteria and the large amount of sponges I have on the rocks to transfer. What's the best way to do this?

I figure manually scrubbing and removing the green bubble algae before transfer but I have no clue with the vermatid worms. There's a lot of them, about a hundred or so per large rock. Smashing them individually would be a monumentous task so I ask to see what everyone thinks. The corals I figure to slowly move over in the span of a month or 2. Start with low lighting in the new tank and acclimate them to the newer lighting over time. I would appreciate anybodies opinions. Thanks!

-Ty

I was in the process of transferring from my 60 gallon to a 125 gallon tank. I used new sand and have about 60lbs of rock already in it for the past 2 months, cycling. I have an additional 60lbs of live rock from my current tank I want to move over. I have vermatiid worms and a small 'bout of bubble algae that I don't want transferred but I do want the beneficial bacteria and the large amount of sponges I have on the rocks to transfer. What's the best way to do this?

I figure manually scrubbing and removing the green bubble algae before transfer but I have no clue with the vermatid worms. There's a lot of them, about a hundred or so per large rock. Smashing them individually would be a monumentous task so I ask to see what everyone thinks. The corals I figure to slowly move over in the span of a month or 2. Start with low lighting in the new tank and acclimate them to the newer lighting over time. I would appreciate anybodies opinions. Thanks!

-Ty

Sorry I can't you help, but I'm curious as to why you want to destroy them. Even a large number of vermetids is not deleterious to any other aquarium life. The mucus they produce may be used as food by many other animals as well.

Do you just not like the way they look?

Nemirn,

I guess it's just a matter of aesthetics. I'm just a little more worried now than before because I'm afraid they're going to hit plague proportions. They are everywhere!

-Ty

-Ty

Sorry I can't you help, but I'm curious as to why you want to destroy them. Even a large number of vermetids is not deleterious to any other aquarium life. The mucus they produce may be used as food by many other animals as well.

Do you just not like the way they look?