Wiring a Lumenarc Mogul Socket to a Lumatek Dimmable Ballast

pbnj

I bought some used Lumenarc Mini reflectors that have been wired with these quick-disconnect plugs:

http://www.marinedep...ILTACQD-vi.html

What I'm looking for is a 'female' connector to attach to this lamp cord to connect the reflector to the ballast:

http://www.marinedep...ILTACPC-vi.html

Anyone know where to buy these? Just tried Lowes...no luck.

Quick tip on how to get some for free. Go by Discount Electronics and ask them if they have any dead power supplies. They do computer repairs all the time and usually have dead ones that they've replaced for people. Take em home, remove four screws and you'll get your receptacles. They gave me about 6 of them when I was building my canopy.

If it were me I would use the lumatek lamp cord and wire it directly in to the reflectors and eliminate the other cord. Inside the reflector there should be wire nuts attaching the cord and the socket. Just disconnect it there and connect the lumatek ballast cord instead. This will eliminate the an extra connection and you can still disconnect from ballast. We have done this several times so if you need any help let me know.

Usually you can compress the black plastic and pull it out. Those can easily be replaced with parts from home depot. I would even just cut out the black plastic part with a hacksaw or a pair of side cutter pliers and replace it with the new cord. What the black thing is called is a cord grip...they even make water-tight ones and that is what I would recommend and use. They come in 1/2" and 3/4" sizes, they stick through the hole and they have a nut that screws on from the back. You put the cord though it after its installed and then tighten the cord grip. The only thing that I could see being a hassle is if the hole that is predrilled in the socket bracket isn't big enough or the right size for the crod grip...but I'm betting it is since this type of connection is pretty common. Worst case scenario is that you would have to drill the hole out slightly larger, but I doubt that you will.