Tank Photos, Finally!

xcreonx

So I figured my tank is finally ready to be seen in public.

I moved to Austin a year ago from Florida. Back in FL I had a 180g mixed reef, a 90g sps and a 50g frag tank. Obviously these would have been a tremendous pain in the *** to move 1200 miles, not to mention impossible to setup in a 3rd floor apt.

I considered a 40g breeder as a new tank. I like the dimensions of the 40, but I was looking for something better. I designed a custom tank and had Miracles In Glass out of Canada build it. It is a 35g (18x24x18) with 1/2" Starfire panels and euro bracing. There is an external overflow on the back with 2x 1" drains.

I had the horrible task of getting rid of about 80% of my livestock before moving... corals, fish, inverts, equipment, etc. After a big aquarium garage sale, I was down to an acceptable amount.

The move went well, only lost a bubble coral. I triple-bagged everyone in 4mil bags. Since you cannot get oxygen in FL without a prescription, I went to a dive shop and got the most O2-saturated bottle of Nitrox I could find. For those who dive regularly, you know what Nitrox is. I found a bottle with 42% O2 and used that to inflate the bags. Then into coolers and a 19 hour drive straight through to Austin.... FUN!

Onto the photographs:

wholetank1.jpg

leftside1.jpg

rightside1.jpg

It's hard to see but there are two separate rocks here. There's a valley right behind the Kenya Tree and Elegance that runs to the back.

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

front4.jpg

front5.jpg

Hmmm. I have like 20 more images. Can we not use HTML in the posts? This way I don't have to attach every photo. :D

That tank looks great.

My grandparents lived in Fla.

Oxygen tanks were like sunglasses there.

Couldn't pull a retiree over in Fla. and ask for a blast?

(It's a law now in NY. When you reach 70 the retirement police come for you.

They force you to wear yellow pants so high your chest hair gets caught in your fly and white shoes. They throw you in a golf cart and drag you down to sunny Fla.)

Just a little AM humor.

Joe,

I feel bad that I haven't complemented you on your tank yet as I've been loving your photographs. Beautiful use of soft corals and a really really unique and gorgeous tank.

Again, Nogtastic

John