Blue Linkia and some zoas

julespinkyd

I have a blue linkia that is about 6-7 inches and some zoas that I would like to trade some thing for. I would prefer some type of coral frag that is other than green. I have some neon green polyps that are just getting pretty healthy in my tank as you can see and would like to have some other colors. Let me know what you have. I would like to have this starfish rehomed ASAP as I am a bit impatient and have a tendency to just go and get store credit. I just don't have enough live rock for him to eat out of. I have had him for about a year but it is time that I let someone take care of him better than I have...

By the way, those of you hard reefers out there, I was wondering if you can tell me if this is normal of a clownfish. He seems to have started hosting my elegance coral and was wondering if I should let him continue or get rid of him. He just recently started this about a month ago and am just wondering what your thoughts are. I am just worried about the coral since I have had her for about 5 years....

Please send pics of what you would like to trade for. Thanks

post-977-011254100 1279592360_thumb.jpg

post-977-036685300 1279592556_thumb.jpg

post-977-074874900 1279592611_thumb.jpg

post-977-028261500 1279592675_thumb.jpg

Edited by julespinkyd

Wow! I can't believe how many people are interested in this linkia. I am not looking for money since I would probably use it at aquatek or RCA. I would like a small piece of superman monti fyi :) but the only person that I know whom has a decent size one wants to trade something different. :( It is still available since most of the corals offered I already have. Please no SPS, since I do not have the right lighting to care for them.. Thanks

On another note...

How are you managing to keep the Elegance and Leather in the same tank and both happy?

We have had our elegance for a little over 1 month and it has been a struggle to keep it happy these past 2 weeks in our tank. I understand that too strong lighting can bring on photo shock of sorts bu not really sure what else we can do?

Elegance corals are very finicky. I don't believe there is much you can do to keep the clown from hosting it short of removing one or the other from the tank. I can say that the clown can hurt the elegance. Their flesh is tender and their skeleton sharp, so a rub the wrong way can cause the flesh to abrade which often means the end of the coral. I had an issue with hermits walking over mine, their feet would poke holes.

It's a pretty coral, would you rather have it or hosting clowns?

You might be able to put a tank divider in and get a small bubble tip anemone. Keep the clown and anemone together until the clown starts hosting it. If it's like my clowns though, it will host multiple things in the tank so I don't know that it would get the result you're looking for.

On another note...

How are you managing to keep the Elegance and Leather in the same tank and both happy?

We have had our elegance for a little over 1 month and it has been a struggle to keep it happy these past 2 weeks in our tank. I understand that too strong lighting can bring on photo shock of sorts bu not really sure what else we can do?

I am not sure what you mean? I am only using 260W compact flourescents on my tank. I have had this set up for years. The leather was little when I got it and I only introduced it to the tank when another ARC member gave it to me in trade for another male mandarine dragonette that I had. That was about a year ago. Is there something that I should worry about or are my worries long gone since they are both doing well? Hmm... I never thought about that. Now I am going to have to do some research...

I am interested in the Star Fish. I could trade a small frag of Sunset Monti or some superman Monti. I would need a table saw to frag the superman through because its on a plug. The sunset would be easier to frag. Here are some pics of both. If you take the sunset monti i will throw in a frag of ORA German Blue Digi and some yellow colony polyps. LMK PM sent

post-1245-079258300 1279721615_thumb.jpg

post-1245-097149200 1279721778_thumb.jpg

I am interested in the Star Fish. I could trade a small frag of Sunset Monti or some superman Monti. I would need a table saw to frag the superman through because its on a plug. The sunset would be easier to frag. Here are some pics of both. If you take the sunset monti i will throw in a frag of ORA German Blue Digi and some yellow colony polyps. LMK PM sent

What type of lighting are you using?

What type of lighting are you using?

2x250w Metal Halides and 2x65w Actinics

Thanks Edgar for the starfish and the corals.

Hey thank you. It is always good to meet great people. Thanks for the hook up with the extras. I am not sure if you are interested in a few zoas. My offer stands you can have them. I am willing to throw in a couple of eyes of raw, a few orange with green skirts, and a few of the radio active green ones (not sure of the names for these). Under your light you would have colonies in no time and continue to share your generosity with others as well. Let me know if you are interested in them and you can pick them up friday after work. I would tell you tomorrow but I have a meeting after work.

Thanks Edgar for the starfish and the corals.

Hey thank you. It is always good to meet great people. Thanks for the hook up with the extras. I am not sure if you are interested in a few zoas. My offer stands you can have them. I am willing to throw in a couple of eyes of raw, a few orange with green skirts, and a few of the radio active green ones (not sure of the names for these). Under your light you would have colonies in no time and continue to share your generosity with others as well. Let me know if you are interested in them and you can pick them up friday after work. I would tell you tomorrow but I have a meeting after work.

Thats sounds awesome. I can never have too many zoas. Thanks!