im new

Brandon

hey guys and girls my name is brandon i am very new to the austin area and im in the process of my first saltwater reef tank and am so excited i found a place for some guidence i have read oh so many books and im looking for some knowladge and advice from more advanced hobbyists

hands on is the best experience u can get, there are gonna be up and downs. Just dont throw in the towel when things are bad or make any drastic changes to try and make thing better to fast, take everything slow and usually the reef will come together. Just be ready 4 the algae problems that ARE going to come in the 1st 6 months of a new tank, its part of it. dont get discouraged. Good to have you and everyone here is here to help.

Welcome!!! Another great opportunity to save money is buying used!! Don't get burned out too quickly by buying everything shiny new, we have tons of people here that are constantly upgrading to new equipment and are just trying to help out the next guy. Were not all trying to get rich off this hobby and you will soon find that out :wave: