stunner led strips

theresa

For your 34G, a 70W halide would work great and give you the effect you want. You could probably find it for the price of 1 stunner.

You couldn't pack enough stunners over the tank to even get close to the effect and I haven't seen anyone that has used the stunners actually get the shimmer.

A lot.

+1 From what I've seen published most LED fixtures have roughly the same light output per watt as T5's. What LED's have going for them right now is their effeciency and incredible bulb life. Here's an intesting ardicle by Dr. Joshi comparing Metal Halide, T5 and LED fixtures. Most of it is a bit technical but the "Discusion" section has a good synopsis of the article. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/2/aafeature2

+1 on a lot. I was considering doing the same but had the LFS test one under T5 as I was concerned it would be drowned out... it was... I don't believe the stunners are even 1 W LEDs (I think the Panorama Strips are but triple the price). When we turned the T5s off, then we would see the LEDs and the shimmer, but it real was more like moonlights.

If you were hoping to use some small LED fixtures on a Solana, you're much better off looking into Ecoxotic Panorama strips, or even their 17" Panorama fixture. The Stunner strips are really only suited for either moon-light, or a supplementary light. I would say "no problem" if you were talking about running 2-3 Stunners over a 10-12g tank - or 4 of them over a 24g (so long as we're not focused on SPS or rapid growth). Hut by the time you've dropped the cash for 4 of them - you could have purchased a pair of the Panorama strips, which are much more powerful, and not very limiting in a nano tank.

For your 34G, a 70W halide would work great and give you the effect you want. You could probably find it for the price of 1 stunner.

You couldn't pack enough stunners over the tank to even get close to the effect and I haven't seen anyone that has used the stunners actually get the shimmer.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

I believe stunner strips are meant to increase the brightness of LED fixtures. I agree with most above that mixing the two different lights would not be beneficial. If you want the shimmer, you will have to either have all LEDs (high quality) or MH.

I believe stunner strips are meant to increase the brightness of LED fixtures. I agree with most above that mixing the two different lights would not be beneficial. If you want the shimmer, you will have to either have all LEDs (high quality) or MH.

Both the 453nm blue & 8000k white Stunners provide a nice shimmer, standalone. If used to accompany other LEDs (in the 1w-3w range) they will add color, but the higher wattage LEDs will provide prominent shimmer with or without the Stunner anyway.