FS sherman RBTA

troypt

My RBTA split ~3 weeks ago. It is healed up and ready to sell. I will sell it for $100. The one for sell is 4-5 inches across.

Here is a picture of it before it split under 10k 250watt MH

post-305-077807000 1276819404_thumb.jpg

J I have to go within thirty minutes of Dallas for work. I really don't know every Sherman is starting to look different to me I thought they were supposed to be distinct. Seen one with a blue tint round the mouth too so confused!

Please correct me if im wrong but i keep seeing these Anemones for sale but they are not RBTAs they are red long tentacles the RBTA has bubbles at the tips hence the rose bubble/bulb tip. isnt this correct? the RBTAs are 75-100 but the red long tentacles are somewhat cheaper wouldnt this be an LTA? they are pretty though..

Matt

Edited by mhart032

Please correct me if im wrong but i keep seeing these Anemones for sale but they are not RBTAs they are red long tentacles the RBTA has bubbles at the tips hence the rose bubble/bulb tip. isnt this correct? the RBTAs are 75-100 but the red long tentacles are somewhat cheaper wouldnt this be an LTA? they are pretty though..

Matt

This is a good question Matt.... I too have wondered the difference

Matt

This is a good question Matt.... I too have wondered the difference

It varies from tank to tank. It also depends on lighting and water parameters. I bought a green bubble tip from an ARC member and at his house the tentacles look like small balloons. He was also using T-5's. I put it in my tank and the tentacles became long. I use metal halides and my current was stronger than the other tank. I have been to quite a few ARC members houses and some of there rose BTA's are baloonish and othes aren't. Even though they may have come from the same family of anemones. Whoever has a rose BTA with the balloon tips may have to chime in and let us know how there setup is.

Agree, it is difficult at best to tell if a BTA will bubble or not. Tthe lack of bubbles is not a positive ID. Although, the presence of them is.

I got my GBTA from RCA that was beautifully bubbled when I got it but in about a day or two in my tank the bubbles deflated and have not come back. I see the semblance of one every now and then but that's it. When I had an RBTA that I got from Andrew it was the same situation.

I've read in other forums that a working theory is that in low light situations they bubble to increase the surface area for the zooxanthellae which makes sense.

LTAs are easily distinguished b/c they like to attach to the bottom of rocks, in the sandbed.

I thought I had an LTA once, but a reputable member of another forum pointed out that it wasn't a LTA, but instead was a non-bubble BTA, b/c it was attached to my LR.

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

For some silly reason I thought this was a for sale thread. Didn't it used to get frowned upon hijacking such threads. I thought Mods were around to clean up all the "extra" gibberish in the threads. This would have made a great topic area in Reef Keeping.

I'm just sayin :faceless: ................

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

For some silly reason I thought this was a for sale thread. Didn't it used to get frowned upon hijacking such threads. I thought Mods were around to clean up all the "extra" gibberish in the threads. This would have made a great topic area in Reef Keeping.

I'm just sayin :faceless: ................

The mods can not monitor every thread, thus there is a "Report" button people can use to report posts they think are problematic.

If the original poster would like this thread cleaned up, then he can PM me and I will clean it up.