Having some issues with a LFS......

kokamo

Hey guys/gals, I was just wondering about a specific person at a specific pet store. [information redacted] I was wanting a few suggestions.

The guy we normally deal with is a real jerk......9 times out of 10. I ask a simple question and the guy is awnsers my question with a question like I am supposed to know the awnser. (I am relatively new to SW aquariums ....... about a year into it) Then he gets an attitude with me when I ask my original question again. This is not the only issue with the guy. He thinks he knows everything in the book about saltwater tanks. Don't get me wrong, I have seen the guys tank at home and it's gorgeous. The guy is just plain out snotty, honory, and is always a freakin' jerk. The last time this happened, I had my wife stop in and get a KH test kit and ask him to do a simple water test. He was raising h*** about why I was wanting a water test done if I do my own tests at home. Well......duhh......I'm buying a test kit right???? I just wanted him to test it to make sure my test kits were not off by chance. Geeeeeeessssseeee!!!!

Here is my question.....should I tell upper management about this, or should I just not do business there at all? I know I can go right down the street a little farther and get superb service without the attitude and not feel like I have been taken advantage of when I walk out the door......regardless if I spend any money there.

***Rant Over***

Thanks for reading my rant.

Edited by Andrew
Guideline violation #8

RIVER CITY AQUARIUMS or Kingfish! We to have denounced certain stores for being jerks and unhelpful. There are too many other good places to go and people to talk to here in Austin to put up with lousy service. The store should be concerned you didn't bring in a water test and your buying lots of new livestock. BTW I think I know where you are talking about and please watch out for aptasia and cyano.

RIVER CITY AQUARIUMS or Kingfish! We to have denounced certain stores for being jerks and unhelpful. There are too many other good places to go and people to talk to here in Austin to put up with lousy service. The store should be concerned you didn't bring in a water test and your buying lots of new livestock. BTW I think I know where you are talking about and please watch out for aptasia and cyano.

I have never been to Kingsfish, but RCA has top notch service and will perform water test for me without any hassle. All the people there are really cool and very helpfull. Plus, they have RO water that I can trust! :D

The store should be concerned you didn't bring in a water test and your buying lots of new livestock.

I agree. I recently bought $500 worth of Oceanic merchandise from him. He should be treating me with some sort of respect. The water sample thing should be a given, being me starting a new tank and all.

Thanks again.