6' tank bracing

Toxiq Reef

Thats a very good question. When i was doing my tank transfer i broke(accident) the plastic center brace on my 75 and was hesitant to finish the swap. I added the sand,rock, and the water and then waited. Everything seemed ok so i added the CUC and livestock. The next day I notice a little bowing and measured. It was 1/4 of an inch so I left it alone. Its been a month now and its the same measurement.  I may try to fix it but I dont know how.

Thats a very good question. When i was doing my tank transfer i broke(accident) the plastic center brace on my 75 and was hesitant to finish the swap. I added the sand,rock, and the water and then waited. Everything seemed ok so i added the CUC and livestock. The next day I notice a little bowing and measured. It was 1/4 of an inch so I left it alone. Its been a month now and its the same measurement. I may try to fix it but I dont know how.

WOW dude you have to fix that! This could be a problem at anytime, that brace is there for a reason. They used glass for the cross braces in my new tank, you should look at how they did this b/c you can do the same thing with yours. With glass cross braces there aren't shadows from it.

Eurobrace it and not worry about shadows. I HATE my huge glass brace in my 180. This may not be possible for you though if not I would definately keep the original bracing there as manufacturers put it there for a reason. They may have been able to get away with thinner glass or something along those lines and I would not risk flooding my house.

I spilled 15-20 gallons of ro water the other day and it was a huge pain to clean up. Now imagine doing at least 3 x that amount.

Anyone have any luck/insight on replacing the 2 center braces on a 6' tank with possibly just a single in the center?

I have to when bringing home a 120g w/ no center brace...after 3 days in action i noticed the front and back glass curved 1/4in each side....scraed the sh*****t out of me.

so i put a 3"X 1/4" thick polycarbonate strip across with some stainless steel screws and silicone RTV 100 to keep my house from flooded away.

here is mine look like....now i donot have any bolw glass..

u may need 8"X1/2"thick strip...LMK , i can show u how...

post-1098-061876200 1276802786_thumb.jpg

post-1098-013349200 1276802862_thumb.jpg