Need Attorney

Dena

Anyone know of an attorney that could help with this? We make too much for all the bail out options, but we are really getting ripped off by our mortgage company. We are unable to refinance due to poor credit and no money down...not to mention our house is appraised at less than half of what we owe. Right now we are paying 11%, and if we can get it down to 7.5% it will knock off almost $1,000/mth. Our mortgage company has been uncooperative and not helpful when we express our concerns....and they never call us back when they say they will.

Thanks for any referrals!

Dena

Walking away with 8 dogs, four being Rottweilers...I don't think anyone would rent to us LOL. We've put a lot of $$ into this property so we would be losing a lot. I've thought about stopping payments and trying to threaten them...if they get stuck with the house, they will lose a lot more than we would. We love it out here too...just sucks having a $3,000 mortgage payment when we really shouldn't have to be paying this much. That's why we were thinking a lawyer going after the company may help.

I think that if you just walk away and the mortgage company repossesses and then sells the house for 1/2 what you owe, then (I think) you can be held liable for the balance. You might want to consider a bankruptcy. This is an area where I strongly recommend professional advice.

They had a special on 20/20 or 60 Minutes last Sunday about this! 47% of the home owners in Arizona are going through the same thing and over 50% in Nevada. That's not an exaggerated number, check it out. Even though most of the owners are still able to make the payments; they're still walking away. There was one case that had a $400,000 house that is only worth $79,000 now! Most of this is happening in newer sub divisions. I know it feels like your stuck between a rock and a hard place, but i think you guys will figure it out. Good Luck!

If you want to look into the bankruptcy option I know a good attorney. His name is Eddie Cantu.

4833 Spicewood Springs Rd

Austin, TX 78759

(512) 346-8597

Helped me out about 10 years ago when I ran into trouble. Since then I have bought 2 houses and several cars. Most people don't realize a bankruptcy is often better for your credit than debt restructuring.

Everything I've come up with says that you need to be in default before they help also. My husband isn't sure he wants to take that risk.

have you gone to them and said hey look either we work on this or we will move out and default the loan.... maybe if you show them you are willing to leave them with it then maybe they will be more apt to want to help you... worth a shot anyway...