3g Pico critters

mFrame

Well, I succumbed to setting up a 3g Picotope pico at work. I've got my sand, live rock, some snails and an emerald crab. Some mushrooms, GSP, plain palys, and green zoas round out the life.

What would be your favorite other critters to put in there? I'm wanting some color and movement.

a Harlequin shrimp would be pretty cool IMO.

If you can keep it fed :P

Sexy shrimp are good, a fire shrimp may be a bit on the large side but could be a good choice. For fish you have only a few options, and while inverts get large sometimes they don't contribute too heavily to bio load. I'd look for some mini brittle stars to add in, then maybe a clown goby, green clown goby, redspot goby..... something small. A twinspot blenny could be a good option too, hard to say. A crinoid lobster maybe? If you've got the lights to support SPS, I'd go with an acro or pocillopora or something and a companion commensal crab - they've got tons of personality and there are some that are colorful and get to be more than 1/2" or so :lol:

If you're just looking for movement, maybe it's time to add some more softies and make sure the powerhead is on, you're not going to get a ton of livestock into a pico but with a nice spread of corals you can get a look of coolness out of it.

Just brainstorming from looking at other tanks....

porcelain crab

boxer crab

NOT xenia (unless you want a xenia coral the size and shape of a picotope)

ricordea

mini carpet nem

Try to keep you bioload as small as possible. I recommend ONE fish for that size tank.

Any of these would be a good candidate:

Blue Neon Goby

Clown Gobies

Eviota Gobies

Panda (Clown) Goby

Redhead Goby

Trimma Goby

Yellow Neon Goby

Citron Goby

Green Banded Goby

Spikefine Goby