sump?

miguelvillalobos

I guess the best idea is to get the biggest sump you can fit in your stand's footprint.

A larger sump will add move water into your system (thus making it safer against water parameter spikes), let you add more equipment into the sump, and give you more room for back flow into the sump when you turn off your return pump (if you are like me, things like this makes it easier to sleep at night).

Still though, 20g will work, but if you have the room and money then you do gain some benifits from going to a larger sump.

I guess the best idea is to get the biggest sump you can fit in your stand's footprint.

A larger sump will add move water into your system (thus making it safer against water parameter spikes), let you add more equipment into the sump, and give you more room for back flow into the sump when you turn off your return pump (if you are like me, things like this makes it easier to sleep at night).

Still though, 20g will work, but if you have the room and money then you do gain some benifits from going to a larger sump.

+1, but just to be a contrary I've been successful also with Le Chen Eng's system which doesn't use one (The Reef Aquarium, Vol III, ch 6, Sprung and Delbeck)

Depends on if it will fit in your stand, if that is where you are putting it.

Besides fitting into your furniture, you also need to decide on what equipment you're wanting to use on the 90g.

Choosing a sump first, and equipment later can be a bit of a let-down, as I'd much rather get the skimmer & etc that I'm wanting, and base my sump purchase around that. Otherwise, you may start with a narrower sump than average and not be able to fit proper-sized equipment. Just food for thought.