Palau nepthea frags

barderer

Well since so many people have been asking me about this coral I am going to make a few frags on request. 2" frags expanded for $25. I am going to cut them and mount them for you in advance as most people loose the frag the first time they mount it because of the way nepthea shrinks and expands. So I only ask if you request one that you indeed do come pick it up after it bonds to its mount. This coral grows well under all light.

Original Colony Source.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+2341+2512+2759&pcatid=2759

Actual shot from my tank.

post-195-12718025655945_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How's the piece you got from me? I had lost two that I put under a rubberband the same time I made yours. I also tried gluing a couple and they died on me...which was weird. This is probably the worst coral to frag and get mounted in my opinion LOL.

It happened to me as well, twice.

Here is how you do it. Cut a frag that has a branch. Wait until it shrinks down all the way. Take the frag out of the tank and place it flat on mount with branches spread. Get your super glue gel and draw an X accross the middle of the branches. So the branches are chained down by the X of the glue. Let the glue dry for a few min then place back in a low flow area. No high flow, no high flow!!!! It will take a week or so to bond.

How's the piece you got from me? I had lost two that I put under a rubberband the same time I made yours. I also tried gluing a couple and they died on me...which was weird. This is probably the worst coral to frag and get mounted in my opinion LOL.

It is doing very well. I swear it has grown about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. When I look at it with an LED flashlight after the lights go out, it glows kinda bluish green. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces, behind my duncans and the fuzzy orange mushrooms. I'll try to get a picture when it is open.