Watermelon Chalice

Lamont

There are a TON varieties of Watermelon chalices, some rare, some not. If it has a name in front of it like Tyree, Pnoy, Fragfarmer, Meng, then it is usually really sought after by collectors.

As far as lineage goes, I'd say that only comes in to play when you have one of the "Limited Edition" chalices, or you're just really interested to know where the piece came from.

Seems like a good deal. If that company has a good reputation, I'd go for it. :)

Hello Lamont,

I would inquire (from customers--about their service), maybe someone here has order thru this website. Also, check with Clint aka "fishypets", his been collecting LE and the most sought out pieces for awhile. Check out his signature at the bottom "Chalice hunter aka Clint"

-Cindy-

I think most chalice heads would consider a watermelon to have a different colored growth edge which may or may not match the mouth color. For example, my Tyree pink watermelon has yellow-green eyes and a bright green growing edge on a pink body. I didn't see that edge on the picture you linked to so I wouldn't call it a watermelon.

I think most chalice heads would consider a watermelon to have a different colored growth edge which may or may not match the mouth color. For example, my Tyree pink watermelon has yellow-green eyes and a bright green growing edge on a pink body. I didn't see that edge on the picture you linked to so I wouldn't call it a watermelon.

Ive been looking at other photos and they dont look the same. i think i will stay away!

if it comes in and it looks like that then I would say its a fair deal. That is a good looking coral. The whole limited edition concept is a scam as well. Artificial price setting via unnecessary supply control. Kind of like OPEC for corals.

if it comes in and it looks like that then I would say its a fair deal. That is a good looking coral. The whole limited edition concept is a scam as well. Artificial price setting via unnecessary supply control. Kind of like OPEC for corals.

I read a article this morning about price fixing. A lot of corals that they claim are rare really are not. Rare or not

Regardless of the name and price (if it's a good/fair price), if you like what you see and you decide to buy it...good for you. 90% of the corals that's in our tank is not LE ....bear in mind I do have a few...but I like the coloration, growth and structure...and it makes the tank more diverse. If you decide to buy online....go with some of our sponsors.....so far our members have been happy with their purchases/Group Buys and if something D.O.A.....members get their money back or the vendors will most likely will do anything to keep their customer satisfied.

-Cindy-