Whatsin your Sump and Why?

s_griffin

Just curious, I have two wild caught hermit crabs. They are bigger then I like and one really wanted the shell a snail was in, I liked that snail. So I put them in the sump as a holding till I go back to the coast later this month. I will take them back and release them.

Also I am wanting some help with nitrite and nitrate levels, everyone says mangrove sprigs in the overflow. I was wanting an idea of something vegitation but I will need to add a light. Any suggestions?

Whats in your Sump and Why?

Sherri

How do the copepods get from your sump to the display?

The return pump :unsure:

I've got a regular sand bed, chaeto, mangroves, and live rock at the moment. Hopefully will add some more LR for seeding and filtration purposes. The mangroves have barely done anything, but I think that is mostly my own fault.

Whats in your Sump and Why?

Currently, all I have in my sump is a bunch of spare equipment, along with the auto-feeder & return pump I plan to equip my tank with :) but, said sump is acting as a storage bin for the time being :)

When I get the tank up & running, all I truly plan to have in my sump once up & running, is my protein skimmer, a float-switch for ATO, and the return pump.