Watchman / Pistol Shrimp Question

dweyant

I picked up a Watchman and a pistol shrimp last night.

The pistol shrimp took off into the rocks as soon as he got into the tank, and I haven't seen him since. The Watchman is hanging out on the sand looking sad.

Will they find each other again (they where paired at the LFS), is there anything I can do to help, or will it just take a couple days for the pistol to get comfortable enough to come out of hiding?

THanks,

-Dan

Give the shrimp a few days to establish tunnels, then the invitation to your watchman to co-habitate should be delivered.

And if you mysteriously start hearing a loud popping noise at night after lights out, that's just the pistol shrimp finding food. Mine in our bedroom tanks keeps us up some nights...

They found each other yesterday afternoon. The wathman seems much happier now :).

He was just hanging out under a rock looking sad all day Saturday, he looked much happier gaurding the hole all evening last night.

They have sort of run off the blennie that was using a hole in the top of the rock as somewhere to hide. He seems to have relocated to the other side of the tank.

One questions though. Do I need to worry about the pistol shrimp getting aggresive and/or eating any of my other fish? He is fairly small, and I'm assuming (hoping) that if I keep him fed he will be ok?

Thanks,

-Dan

I have had my Yellow Watchman Goby and Tiger Pistol Shrimp for almost a year now. They are great fun to watch. Don't be shy about busting down those kids' sand castles. They also get excited about rebuilding after a "natural" disaster. hehe.

Although, if i had a chance i would not get them. They have totally reworked all of my rock work (not glued/bonded together). Everything is a bit different now, and a large number of feather dusters are toast (since the substrate has been piled over them to long). Also they keep burying my ricordeas. Silly little buggers.

Its all good fun though, and would recommend them to someone who expected to have them from the beginning (ex: prep work).

*pic is a mad YWG* oh and a pile of bubble algae, yay!

post-973-12681716150618_thumb.jpg