Lighting for 14 gal Biocube

theresa

I have been trying to find why I can't buy compact lighting with a higher watt for my 14 gallon tank that has the stock lighting of 2-24 watt bulbs. I want my anemone to be happy and want a clam as well but the lighting is not enough. How can I upgrade the lighting on my without having to remove the lid of the tank? Any suggestions? thanks so much.

You can do this Theresa!!!!!!! Let ARC be your guide.........just don't look at me...I'm stumped!!!

I know you can take the top off and get a Metal Halide....maybe a 150W??? I don't know if that is too strong for a 14g....I think it may be....Mike....do they come in a lower wattage?

I have a NanoCube 12G and was in the same situation awhile back. I ended up purchasing a LED retrofit for my canopy from Nanotuners.com. I considered the heat issue and stayed away from the metal halide. It is expensive (~$250) but worth it in the long run IMO.

I have a NanoCube 12G and was in the same situation awhile back. I ended up purchasing a LED retrofit for my canopy from Nanotuners.com. I considered the heat issue and stayed away from the metal halide. It is expensive (~$250) but worth it in the long run IMO.

Have a link to the retro kit you bought?