help identifying this guy

AndrewT

I was going to jump in an disagree since it looks just like a coral I have that was sold to me as Pectinia. However, in digging around a little, I think mine was misidentified by the retailer. The whorls on the growth edges of the Pavona pictures I found online look just like my coral, so I'm throwing in my long-winded vote for Pavona.

I had a little frag of this that was sold to me at Aquatek as Meridiona (I think, something like that) but I had already figured out it wasn't that. Unfortunately my little frag that was on a plug got misplaced in my tank. I guess it fell down into the rocks. I was wondering if I might find it alive when I go to move my tank in a few months or if it will have died from lack of light by then.

I had a little frag of this that was sold to me at Aquatek as Meridiona (I think, something like that) but I had already figured out it wasn't that. Unfortunately my little frag that was on a plug got misplaced in my tank. I guess it fell down into the rocks. I was wondering if I might find it alive when I go to move my tank in a few months or if it will have died from lack of light by then.

I accidently on pourpose left a piece of that in my unlit sump for at least 6 months.I found it the other day ALIVE . Must have been enough light passing thru my bb. needless to say this coral is very hard to kill.I gave up trying to ignore it to death an gave it a nice spot in the display