WTB: 5 lb CO2 canister

olaggie01

Looking for a 5 lb CO2 canister for a new CARX I purchased.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I buy them from a supplier of mine from work. $200 to buy the bottle. $17 to fill it up. You will want two of them, that way you don’t have down time between fills. This is also for the 20lb. tank. Not sure what the 5lb tank goes for. I like to be able to set it and forget about it for a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 20lb and kept my old 5lb for the swap out tank. That way I don't have to lug two 20lbs to get filled and have to store the spare 20lb.

The 5lb should outlast my reefing days since it gets used a day or two at most once or twice a year.

I buy them from a supplier of mine from work. $200 to buy the bottle. $17 to fill it up. You will want two of them, that way you don’t have down time between fills. This is also for the 20lb. tank. Not sure what the 5lb tank goes for. I like to be able to set it and forget about it for a long while.

Thanks. The 20lb tanks are pretty large and I don’t think it would fit under my stand.

Can you check on the price of a 5 lb tank?

Anyone else have a used one for sale?

buying a used tank is a crapshoot. there are dates stamped on them.  if its expired, you wont be able to get a refill w/o it being retested.  two refills ago, i tried going to a brewing place, they rejected me.  i took it to airgas who said "this is one of our tanks, we'll just swap you out, no problem"

moral of the story, cut the middleman, go to the source... a gas supplier or a welding supply shop.

buying a used tank is a crapshoot. there are dates stamped on them.  if its expired, you wont be able to get a refill w/o it being retested.  two refills ago, i tried going to a brewing place, they rejected me.  i took it to airgas who said "this is one of our tanks, we'll just swap you out, no problem"
moral of the story, cut the middleman, go to the source... a gas supplier or a welding supply shop.

Thanks. Good points

I got 1 5lb bottle. Still almost full since I used it as back up my 10lb. $50
It is from air gas and dated is till valid. Shouldn’t have problem to swap at air gas

Cool. Can I swing by this weekend or early next week?

Chris

Archived