coming out lurker

skot

I joined this site a long time ago but never really got my tank up and running like i had previous to moving here.

After a long hiatus and i totally got the bug again and set a tank back up. Its been up for maybe 4 months now. So many new toys and gadgets from when i first started reefing around 14 years ago. I Went full in with the Neptune stuff, but not really impressed equipment wise (software great!). I guess stories for another time. 

Here's some shots of how it sits now. Its an old Oceanic tank with its weird 58g dimensions. Still need to get a QT setup before i stock it more. Got over hyped and started stocking with some chalice, monti and acro frags. Also a few zoas here and there. Only fish is damsel which i helped cycle it with. Now im in that bad spot where i need to get rid of that thing. Some people never learn XD. 

-skot

cab.jpg

full.jpg

sump.jpg

tank.jpg

Welcome out of the shadows, Skot!  Looks like a great start on your thread.  Like you said, I'd work on getting the damsel out before adding more.  It should be easy enough using a fish trap (google 2-liter bottle fish trap for a cheap solution).

Haha funny you say that. I had some unplanned aquascaping last night :) needless to say does anyone want a zerba stripe damsel? 

I'll start a proper build progress thread tonight. Currently dealing with Neptune on getting some of my equipment fixed. Less then 5 months old and it seems like there an issue with all of items :(

Haha funny you say that. I had some unplanned aquascaping last night [emoji4] needless to say does anyone want a zerba stripe damsel? 
I'll start a proper build progress thread tonight. Currently dealing with Neptune on getting some of my equipment fixed. Less then 5 months old and it seems like there an issue with all of items [emoji20]
Oh no, is this with the new 2016 Apex? I was thinking about getting the new one and moving my classic Apex along.

Yes it's the newer one. I think the Apex is great. Just having issues calibrating the salinity probe which I see everyone has issues with. The optical sensors in my ato and dos have false positives. Which as you can guess does no good for automation. My ato keeps emailing me my sump is flooding since the top sensor is reading closed. Also when that happens it obviously won't top off. So I have to be like a caveman and pour water it. The nerve.

IMG_20180225_232611.jpg

Lol what's funny is I thought the phase that I get at work all the time.... For what I paid I'd think that...  I loathe that logic but in my case it's true. Advertised as the most reliable redundant yada yada yada that's what I bought into

• 2 weeks later...

Archived