Photobucket

MrZ2u

Did anyone that uses Photobucket get the email about "3rd party Hosting" ? 

I use it because its a reasonably easy way to share photos and have been for years.  Now all of a sudden they want $10 a month to be able to share photos on forums like this.  

Anyone have any other good options?

Have you considered hosting your reef-related photos here? With the software and host upgrade we did at the start of the year, our images are now stored on the Amazon cloud at no cost to you.

I haven't because I have not had the need to.  I play on this and nano-reef so it simpler to load them in a single place and be able to use them wherever., plus having the photobucket app makes transfer from phone to the internet very simple.  Plus there are other hobbies and interests I have photos for them as well.  Google has every image and automatically to boot.  I am going to see if that is a suitable replacement that wont suddenly get me squashed. 

Used to use photobucket a lot more, but their interface is so dang buggy, I just quit.  

Tapatalk is easier to manage for forums because I don't have  to transfer pics from phone to comp or go through any 3rd party site to forum.  

For one-offs like screenshots (on the laptop) I use tinypic.  

If I have multiple pics on the comp and want to share, I'll use imgur as it's batch upload and group standard sizing options are easy.

Archived