Finding Dory

With the much anticipated Finding Dory movie releasing today, I'm sure many in the hobby have seen sales or kits targeting Blue Hippo Tangs. Many of our customers are seasoned saltwater hobbyists and have first hand experience understanding how difficult Blue Hippo Tangs can be to keep. We will be working to educate our customers on realistic conditions required for the long-term care of such delicate fish and will offer a substitute.

Pseudo-Dori (Yellowtail Damsel) can make a great substitute. Inexpensive, does not require a large tank, and hardy. Yellowtail Damsels can provide a sustainable option for replacing Blue Hippo Tangs. These little guys require less care and will bring a smile to any kids face.

So enjoy the movie, and if you get an itch to set-up a tank for the kiddos, swing by and we'd be happy to show you some options. This could be a great opportunity to teach and spark an interest in a child.

13466379_10154290162214586_3424845518560

Good job man, this is the type compromise that will keep blue tang populations safe, but also introduce young minds to marine biology and the joys of an aquarium. I hope more stores around the nation are adopting this strategy and not trying to swindle people with "blue tang kits". I'll definitely be passing this along to anyone with kids you really want to try a saltwater tank after the movie.

Archived