Isaac

Isaac's 180+

lights fade up you see a shadow walking through the majestic woods.  some french music begins to play.... a clearing emerges,,, light fades away...

"eau de ous-ton.  odeur de champions des marais."

cut scene.

Moral of the commercial? when doing some maint in the sump, dont forget to turn the algae scrubber flow back on, or it will cook and smell of saltwater marshes drying out and general slimy death smell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

lights fade up you see a shadow walking through the majestic woods.  some french music begins to play.... a clearing emerges,,, light fades away...

"eau de ous-ton.  odeur de champions des marais."

cut scene.

Moral of the commercial? when doing some maint in the sump, dont forget to turn the algae scrubber flow back on, or it will cook and smell of saltwater marshes drying out and general slimy death smell.

🤮. Speaking of, how big a pump do you run on your ATS? Is it controlled with a valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Christyef said:

🤮emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. Speaking of, how big a pump do you run on your ATS? Is it controlled with a valve?

manifold off my jaebo12000

I read having the ATS off the manifold was basically cleaning clean water. It was best to run a separate pump in the first chamber (“dirtiest”) Water for it to work to its best potential. I wanted to run mine off my manifold as well, but am reworking it to the front of my sump. I have a spare sicce .5 with my ATS have a 2’ head loss. At 280 gph, I’m hoping it will still be enough for the slow trickle required. We shall see. Plus, it’s the perfect footprint for the bubble chamber! Lol

I run my ats off a manifold and it produces tons of algae. Have to clean every two weeks and it probably weighs a pound. I’m sure a separate pump will work fine too. 

• Like 1

i put a stub on the end of my manifold so i could expand it if needed *wink*

point of my ATS was to clean out what the mechanical couldnt. so off the manifold works fine.  plus gets clogged less.

i put a stub on the end of my manifold so i could expand it if needed *wink*
point of my ATS was to clean out what the mechanical couldnt. so off the manifold works fine.  plus gets clogged less.

I do value your input very much. I kick myself a lot for not putting the unions in my water mixing station like you suggested last summer. I will eventually cut those in. Lol. I had the fittings to expand as well. Male adapter and cap, but I just didn’t have the space. I’ve been so wish washy on this manifold bc I didn’t wanna do it and then regret not doing something later, that I’ve been frozen. So, I finally fail F IT!!!!! And just went for what I have here. Lol. I will add one more tee for a simple Water change area, but that’s it.