Hello, from a reefing ADDICT!!!

sethsolomon

Wish I could offer assistance with frag sitting.

When feeding phyto do you see an increase in nitrates / phospates?

No spike in nitrated or phosphates that i have noticed. The thing about live phyto is that it helps absorb nitrates and phosphates. The bottled garbage that they sell in stores will increase nitrates and phosphates due to the phyto dying off due to not having oxygen and light.

And thanks for the offer of frag sitting. I am still waiting from the possible employer to know if I will be moving or not. I am mainly worried about my 16-18 inch clam and trying to get it down to texas :P

I could host a giant clam but not sure about the room for a ton of colonies. My rockwork is simple and I have a giant 10" x 24" gap in the middle of my two rock islands that a giant clam could make himself comfortable in for a few months.

I could host a giant clam but not sure about the room for a ton of colonies. My rockwork is simple and I have a giant 10" x 24" gap in the middle of my two rock islands that a giant clam could make himself comfortable in for a few months.

Sweet! Thanks for the offer. I will hit you up when the time comes. I most likely will have to ship him via South West Freight.

Yikes! Make sure you poke air holes in that box for it to breathe! doh.gif

If he's too pretty, I'm going to tell you his foot attached to the bottom of the tank and you'll just have to sell him to me now. whistle.gif

A monster like that... who needs biopellets. It'll probably suck out all the nitrates in your tank just by itself!

it definitely helps :P It also tanks calcium like nobody's business :P The day I put that in my tank I tested my calcium it was at 490 and the next day it was down to 390. Proceeded to go buy a calcium reactor that day :P

Wow! It's like when I moved my giant acro colonies. I moved 3 of them from the old tank to the new tank, about the size of a football each, and was too tired to move over the CaRX that night. The next morning, my alk went from 7.5 dKh to something like 5.8 dKh! Yowzers!

It might not be a bad idea. I have the Korallin C1502 but it's only rated to 300-400 gallons. I'm currently at 250 gallons and probably getting close to max. Been eyeballing a larger CaRX the last couple of months but haven't found a good used one anywhere. At worst, I can put kalk in my ATO and that'll buy me some time until the behemoth leaves me. LOL.

It might not be a bad idea. I have the Korallin C1502 but it's only rated to 300-400 gallons. I'm currently at 250 gallons and probably getting close to max. Been eyeballing a larger CaRX the last couple of months but haven't found a good used one anywhere. At worst, I can put kalk in my ATO and that'll buy me some time until the behemoth leaves me. LOL.

yah that would work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on the move?

How about those pics? Where's the best place to get starter cultures?

Unfortunately I have not heard back from the company yet. :/

The main problem with getting phyto cultures is most people say that they have 1 phyto but 90% of the time it is Nannochloropsis. I get my cultures from a bio-medical company in California that a buddy works for. But if you're interested in starter cultures I can mail you some.

As for pics, I decided to overhaul my phyto system this weekend so it is currently in pieces and should be done within the next 2 days. I am upping my air supply system.

• 10 months later...

Archived