KimP - 47 gal column

KimP

Sorry you will be closing down that gorgeous tank, but how exciting to get something new! I really like that corner tank that Zen Reefer posted. Whatever you do, I hope you post about it here; I can't wait to see the new pics!

Duncan7

Edited by Duncan7

Thank you to all the nice comments and well wishes. Just about everything has found new homes. I've asked for a quote on a corner tank (keeping stoneroller's comment in mind). I'm also looking into cubes. Whatever I end up with, I'm leaning toward a shallower tank relative to height. Opposite of my column tank. Going to try and avoid the problems I hated the most about this tank. I'm looking forward to setting up a better system with all I've learned over the past few years.

I'll start a new build thread for my picos when I get a chance.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, that's really nice of you. I'm trying to get good pictures. They don't come out well on my camera with the led's. Tonight I'll start a build thread for my new tank and include pics of the nanos.

• 6 years later...
On 3/28/2012 at 10:55 AM, brian.srock said:

Your right that you don't want anything too deep because it's so hard to get stuff off the sandbed even with my long arms. I think a bowfront corner would look awesome in your space.

My vote is on a 92 gallon. It would fill out that corner perfectly and be viewable from the entire living room

post-1271-0-85324400-1332950070.jpg

or 52 if your on more of a budget

I had the tank 92g corner, while I liked it if I was going to do a corner I'd do a cube in the corner, and 36" is a GREAT footprint.  My current is 36" deep and yes it's hard to get to the back of it I like to space for aqua scaping.  You just get tools to reach stuff. :)