Clownfish with one bulging eye

mFrame

Got home tonight to find my female Clarkii clownfish with one very large bulging eye. None of the other fish in my tank show anything similar.

This clown is the most aggressive fish in the tank and chases everyone away from her bubbletip anemone. About a month ago she even gouged my male Clarkii.

Is this something that needs to be treated or should I just wait and see? It appears similar to fish I've seen with pop-eye, but I have no reason to suspect a bacterial infection. What do you think?

post-884-12640417882021_thumb.jpg

post-884-12640417995922_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I really think its just the fish version of a "black eye". As I mentioned, my Lawnmower Blenny had the same thing happen to him. I came in one morning to look at my fish and his eye was all bulging out. Three days later it was fine. I would wait at least a week before getting alarmed.

a friend of mine had a coral beauty that would get pop-eye and when she did water changes it went away... if it doesnt go away then that might be worth a try... just sharing her experience....Lets hope the poor fishy just has a black eye :lol:

My sixline had it when I came back off of a trip. I didnt do anything to treat it and it lost his eye. I know others on here are way more experinced then I am but keep a close eye on it becuase you never know what it could be.