large assorted snails

wayneb

Tired of trying to find my zoa frags. Larger snails have to go. Did their job of removing algae from the Nano tank very well so figure I would pass them on to somebody else who can use them (attention Ric). Will bring them to the meeting Saturday. Bring your own containers.

wayneb

Oh, hmm.... I thought you meant your frags got knocked over. What kind of snails are these? I had a zoa eating yellow tail damsel. They are just so cute when they are little... then they turn into big, mean, ugly rotten fish. It's living at Aquatek now. If you go, check out the holding tank with the odd assoreted big fish. That giant blue damsel? Yep, used to be mine.

I haven't had snails eat zoas. Laura gave me a neat giant snail. It's an algae eating machine. It's a little clumsy but hasn't knocked anything over yet, probably a good 1"+.

Liz

Liz, I haven't seen the snails eat the zoas. They are knocking them off the plugs or knocking the frags from where I superglued them. A lot of the problem is my fault as I was in a hurry to get set up and running again after my first crash. Stacked the live rock to close to the back and side walls, plus somehow ended up with a grotto that has a large opening in the top (but too small for my hand to reach into). Anyway once the zoas or frags of zoas fall into those areas, I can't reach them to get them out. Every once in a while I get lucky and they land right side up or like the conditions and grow and open. Makes life interesting. But first tank is a learning experience.

wayneb

Gotcha Wayne. Well, I'll happily take as many as you'd care to unload. I'll bring something to put them in. I had a damsel that like to pick at zoas. What I found is that if they got knocked over/picked on too much they stopped opening. After that, it seems like they were a free for all for anything that wanted them. I watched that stupid damsel eat most of a frag. Made me SO mad.

Liz

With the 12 bumble bees I'm getting from Mama, and the frustration on watching my zoas do a deep six, I plan on weeding out my larger snails. However, they must know something is going on as I can't get an accurate count nor have I seen as many as I did before I made the offer.

wayneb