How to Troubleshoot Micro-bubbles

doktorstick

Howdy.  Over the last two (three?) weeks or so, I've been having a micro-bubble problem and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.  You see bubbles in the water column as well as clinging to rock (esp. overhands), on macro-algae, etc.  

I have a Solana 34g, which if you aren't familiar with it, has three chamber in the back--overflow/skimmer (#1), filtration/refugium (#2), and return pump/ATO (#3).   Here's what I have in each of the chambers:

#1 - overflow -> filter pad -> skimmer

#2 - from top to bottom, filter pad -> drip plate -> chaeto -> live rubble -> purigen -> chemi-pure -> drip plate -> filter pad (to catch chaeto bits from flowing into return area)

#3 - return pump / ATO bottles

I've removed everything, disassembled the pumps as much as they can be disassembled, cleaned stuff, and put it all back with no effect.

How do I go about troubleshooting this?

Andrew Campell would probably know the answer. Any one else out there with a Solana could help as well.

(I know I just wasted your time!)

Can you see inside any of the chambers? If so see which one is not filled with bubbles, then move back or up from there?

Dave-

• 2 weeks later...