115g Full mixed reef

atxryan

I am moving to Colorado and don't think it is realistic to move my tank. I want to sell as a complete setup and give someone else a chance to enjoy an amazing eco-system. I have every piece of equipment needed to sustain the reef.

Equipment included:

Outer Orbit 2x250 metal halide with 4x54w T5's. Halides are Phoenix 14k and T5's are 3 giesman Pure atenic and 1 giesman atenic plus. HID bulbs are 5 months old and t5's installed in Oct 08

Tunze wave box with controller.

Precision Marine RL150 with back-up pump

Mag 12 return

Tunze calcium reactor

CO2 tank-20lb with regulator and solenoid

PH controller

200w heaterX2

Two Little Fishes phos-ban reactor with pump and 250g of rowa-phos

ESHOPPS sump/fuge

3x100 micron filter bags

korilla 4X2

korilla 1

Mag Float glass cleaner

2 CFL lights with shades for sump

11g ATO reservoir

Tunze automatic ATO

eshopps 1200 gph overflow

FISH

Regal Tang 7"

Sail fin tang 7-8"

Vlamingi Tang 4"

Kohls Tang 6''

Coral beauty angel 5"

purple square spot anthea 6"

green manderin 3"

Target manderin 3"

Maroon Clown 4"

green chromis 2"

Pink dottyback 1"

engineer goby 8"

orange starfish 4"

CORAL

Green Milli 12"x12"

tongue coral 12X3

Blue Candy canes

green candy canes

pink mushrooms- at least 10

blue mushrooms- at least 8

pink flowerpot 3"x7"

purple stag 12"x12"

purple DIGI 4"x4"

sarmentosa- at least 10" diameter

Garf purple bonsai- 5"x4".

green dragons eye- 250+ polyps

yellow polyp- 75+ polyps

green blue tip stag- 8"x10"

green slimer 4"x5"

toadstool leather- 6"x4"

Pink Jade 4"x4"

Cali Tort 2"x4"

Green birdsnest 2" diameter

Pink Birdsnest 6"x5"

oregon tort 2"x2"

Blue lemonade 3"x3"

Hawkins enchinada 1"

pink champaign 1"

Dunkens- 40+heads

Orange Digi 7"x8"

Green monti 7"x7"

Northern lights 5''X6"

Blue tenuous 2"x2"

roscos blue 2"x2"

jack lennet deep water acro 1"

Dendros- 5 heads

Open brain coral- 6" diameter

Yellow Acro- 4"x3"

Green acro- 3"x3"

Teacup coral 8"x6"

purple plasma 2"x1"

20k locani 1.5"

green porcillipora- 5"x4"

Orange plate- 4" diameter

Green Star Polyp 6" diameter

Pulsing Xenia 12"x12" on back glass

purple milli 4"x4"

Pink ricordia X3

blue Crocea clam 4"

blue maxima clam 5"

over 150 LBS of 7 year old live rock. completely covered in coraline

Dry goods

3 full buckets of salt

1/2 gallon of carbon

hydrometer

all test kits

all foods

gallon of ARM reactor media

Please contact me with any questions or to set up a time to come check out the system

I do not want to part out

asking $3,750

post-926-12603253586425_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to see an ARC member go.

Best of luck selling the entire system. If you're not able to sell it all in one shot, I'm sure people will be lining-up to buy things if you part out (me included!).

Here is my $.02:

I've been watching tanks on various forums for over 1.5 yrs and they rarely go as full systems. You'd be better off parting it out.

Yes, you'll have to deal with people coming in and out of your house and catching fish one by one, but you'll get your system sold. Not try to poo-poo things, just trying to help you get your tank sold.

So if you do decide to part it out, I'd be interested in:

purple plasma 2"x1"

20k locani 1.5"

Garf purple bonsai- 5"x4"

Cali Tort 2"x4"

Dendros

I think your tank is beautiful, and I'm potentially interested in the whole setup.

However, I'm new to SW (was about to start cycling my first tank, a 120 I got from Craigs list, that I could easily turn into another FW tank) and thought it might be a good thing to ping the group before making any move on this.

All: Do you think this is a viable option for a newbie? I've been reading daily, studying forums, and have some background (many years ago) in exotic freshwater tanks, but I'm still a sw wanna-be. I dont want to kill anything through ignorance or (maybe even worse) good intent.

That said, if we come to an arrangement how in the world do you transport something like this? I have a full size truck that carried the 120 easily, but it's the setting up and that makes me wonder. How do you get half a ton of living stuff from point A to point B safely?

All feedback is welcome.

@Roberts,

To answer one of your questions, I think it is very viable for a "newbie" to purchase a complete system. IMO, I think you are less likely to kill something off with a mature system that has been running for a while than if you try to set something up on your own. With that said, however, I think you learn much more by doing it yourself and seeing how things progress. I'm sure you could learn the same things with an established system, just a matter of what you prefer I guess. :)

yes stand is included. I will try to take some pics of it when get home today.

I have moved the tank two times, once when I purchased it and again in April when we moved into our current home. I simply PUMPED the water into 50g trash cans that I set in the back of my truck. as the water level drops in the tan, I removed as much rock as possible and and moved it to the cans, with the bottom of the first can covered in my Live rock, I began o place the rocks with coral colonies in the very top. Repeated until there are no more colonies or rock in the aquarium. (3 cans). then scoop the sand into a 3 or so buckets. Sand is super heave. at least 200lbs. Then loaded the tank, stand, and all equipment in a friends truck. Same steps in reverse when you get to you destination. I did not loose or break any corals.

This system is very forgiving. With 7+ year old liverock, we have had no problems at all with phosphate, nitrate, or nitrites. I would expect this tank to remain hassle/worry free!!

Call me if you have any questions..

Ryan 512 796 2647