Mushroom popping

labradorduck

Funny how those sayings remind me of high school.

Anyway, my mushroom popped off the rock it was on. Since I've never had mushrooms before, am I doing something wrong in their care?

Do I need to feed them or give them better light? I have a newer 10K white and 5k act.

Fighting the same problem with some frags that I recently put into my tank. I was trying to find

the right location for them so just set them in the live rock. Found I was fighting a losing battle

with the janitor crews, so super glued them to a 3 sq grid of egg crate and weighted the egg crate

with rubble to hold in place. Seems to work, although I finally had to super glue my green star

polyp directly to the live rock. Snails are still finding loose edges to work on.

wayneb

I rearranged my live rock this AM. Flipped the rock with mushrooms flat and raised it 6-8 inches. They seem to be more spread open than they were. Do I need to feed them? The renegade has floated to the back of my tank, not sure if I can get it out with powerhead or not, can't reach via net.

Even I do get it, how can I convince it to stay put?

Can someone direct me to a good source for mushroom information?

Mine have done that and eventually will settle in a place they like, generally out of direct light and out of strong current. No special feeding needs, they'll get the extras floating around your tank.

What kind of mushroom is it? Most don't need to be directly fed but some will prosper (split and spread) when fed. Mushrooms will often hop off the rock and float around to settle somewhere. If you can catch it, you can try to superglue (Loctite superglue gel) it down to a piece of rubble if there are any small pieces of rock or gravel it is attached to. Otherwise, you can set it in a container of gravel/rubble (some rubberband a lid of veil over it) and it will eventually attach to some. Then you can glue that down on a larger piece. There's also the toothpick method...