Rockin' Reefs Group Buy

doktorstick

I want these Zebra Hermits/Left-Hand Zebra Hermits and Mama of Rockin' Reef sells them for $1. Unfortunately, she can only get them in minimum lots of 50. Well, we need to get 50 ordered. (Though I'm sure she'll want to keep a few on stock. :)

Total Needed: 50

My Need: 6

Remainder Needed: 44

Next! Who's in?

Oh Chris...you are hilarious!! Thanks for doing this, but upon further investigation of these lil' guys, as I have never really heard of them before, they are an awesome addition to the reef aquarium!! I added the stats below...I will be more than happy to add them to my stock on a permanent basis. Thank YOU Chris for finding this addition...I'll be adding some to every one of my aquariums, so I am ordering 100.

Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab (Calcinus laevimanus) QUICK STATS Care Level: Easy Temperament: Peaceful Reef Compatible: Yes Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025 Max. Size: 1" Color Form: Black, Blue, Orange Diet: Herbivore Origin: Hawaii, Pacific Ocean Family: Diogenidae dot_clear.gif+ View larger image The Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab is one of the most popular hermit crabs for the home marine aquarium. It gets its name from its distinct coloration. Calcinus laevimanus is named for its black and white pincers and the white bands that dress its otherwise dark legs. Like other members of the genus Calcinus, the Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab also has long eyestalks. However, this particular crab's eyestalks are a brilliant blue and fades into an orange-tinged upper half. Also known as the Hawaiian Reef or Left-Handed Hermit Crab, the Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab is very small but boasts an enlarged left claw. If attacked by a predator or threatened, the Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab backs into its shell and uses the large left claw to block and defend the entrance to its shell. The Dwarf Zebra is found in the inter-tidal areas across the Indo-Pacific from Africa to Australia to Hawaii. Since they scavenge for detritus and consume nuisance algae, including red slime algae (cyanobacteria), the Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab is a highly desired addition to the home reef aquarium. If there are insufficient algae in the aquarium, their diet should be supplemented with dried seaweed. Like other invertebrates, care needs to be taken with the use of medications. Additionally, strict water parameters must be maintained. Be sure to accommodate their growth by supplying empty shells of various size and shape.

I want these Zebra Hermits/Left-Hand Zebra Hermits and Mama of Rockin' Reef sells them for $1. Unfortunately, she can only get them in minimum lots of 50. Well, we need to get 50 ordered. (Though I'm sure she'll want to keep a few on stock. smile.gif

Total Needed: 50

My Need: 6

Remainder Needed: 44

Next! Who's in?

I would like 4.

so ive got like 5 of the Hawaiin lefthanded zebra crabs and they dont look like that at all, the left hand is 3 times as big as the right hand. And there claws are

grey in color. This is what the left handed looks like

304_hawaiianzebrahermit.jpg

My batch come in tomorrow...we'll see how they measure up!! Where did you get yours from Jeremy?

Mama's order came in. Go pick up your hermits. They are left-handed zebras, both from coloring and claw size. They are fantastic! Also, she has Halloween Electric Blue hermit crabs (very cool) and these fluorescent orange snails. I can't remember what they are called off-hand.

She ordered a bunch of crabs because of ya'lls post, so go by and pick them up so she does more for us in the future!

Mama's order came in. Go pick up your hermits. They are left-handed zebras, both from coloring and claw size. They are fantastic! Also, she has Halloween Electric Blue hermit crabs (very cool) and these fluorescent orange snails. I can't remember what they are called off-hand.

She ordered a bunch of crabs because of ya'lls post, so go by and pick them up so she does more for us in the future!

Thanks Chris....PLEASE let me know about your orchid dotty...wink.gifwink.gif

I do have LOTS of left-handed zebras, Halloween Electric Blue hermits, cats-eye snails as the new CUC crew stock, plus all the regulars...nassarius,astrea,cerith,emeralds,peppermints,blue leg,scarletts,skunk cleaners,Fire Shrimp...wave.gif

I'll post pix of the new clams tomorrow...

• 3 weeks later...