PVC

Gonzobob

So turn's out the bulkhead on my 120 has a 1 3/4" threaded connection. So I'm looking for an adaptor to move from the male threaded connection to any 1" connection. I've had no luck at HD, Lowes or online. Does anyone know of any place that stocks or can order 1 3/4" fittings? I can 'make it work' but would rather use the proper fitting if one can be found.

What? I'm a pipefitter and can tell you there is no 1 3/4" pipe anywhere.

Something is wrong. Is it remotely possible you ended up with a metric fitting?

Standard NP sizes are 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", 3", 4", 6" etc.

A little 1/8" tubing here and there and a touch of 3/8" can still be found but no 1 3/4". 3 1/2" and 5" pipe are obsolete but still made to replace old equipment.

Are you saying it is a 1" x 3/4" reducing fitting?

Here is a link to every available PVC size. http://www.harvel.com/pipepvc-sch40-80-dim.asp

Thanks for the info Mike.

Metric is a strong posibility as it's for a Tunze tank. The part is stamped 1 3/4" and is to small for a 2" piece and to large for a 1 1/2. Guess I'll email the local Tunze rep and probably get set to 'make it work'.

OK, so it's metric 40 x 1 3/4. I can find it online but only on sites from Germany or the Netherlands oh well. Thanks to the remains of a pipe glued on the inside of the connection the internal diameter is just a little larger than 1" pipe. I think I'll take a piece of 1 1/4 pipe and put it on the lathe and trim it down.

do you have any glass between your lights and the tank? i thought MH's needed something there

Depends on the bulb and if it's single-end or double-end. Single-ends don't need a UV barrier, some double-ends do.