Cyclone Bak-Pak

Alex

Yes, tons of us on here have them. I've got the CPR Bak-pak 2, great little setup. Prof often has used ones around, they're well worth the money. Make sure if you get one that you get one with the new Accela pump, it makes setup much easier. Great little units

I assume CPR and Cyclone are the same or similar. I am using one each on my 29 (not the combo). I would say it works 'OK'. I really like that it has such a small 'footprint' in the tank. That being said, it really needs the little surface skimmer/bubble trap add on box which will add to the in tank presence. I also added an airstone to mine. Looks uglier but works better. Maybe a stronger pump would have the same effect but I am not sure if it is advisable to add bigger pumps. Apparently the refugium part is also prone to trapping air. Mine has never overflowed but the water level does rise regularly. The refugium and some cheato has helped with nitrates.

Like I said OK but not great. Of course, maybe the combo is better? HTH

Bill

vw's comments about the Accela pump might well be the solution to not needing the airstone mod.